|This is the Windows 8 Desktop - (Fully customizable)|
Even though many people have felt that Microsoft may have made a mistake by getting rid of the start menu , and splitting the new Windows 8 into an cross between the new Metro start menu, and the Desktop areas, there is hope and promise that Win 8 is much more then meets the eye.
The Metro serves its attractive purpose as Microsoft has set out to draw in the crowds of current Windows users with its fancy intuitive apps known as tiles.
Who knows if it can even potentially attract Mac users who had once upon a time may have left the Windows universe sort to speak. So its wise to give this new amazing operating system a try, its price range is super affordable, and as long as your current PC can make the upgrade (Win 8 compatibility issues), you'll have no problem learning the ropes to Win 8 and with the help of this blog and many other useful web location you may choose to locate. learn more...
Essential requirements to upgrade:
- Your PC needs to have at least 1 Gig of Ram for 32 bit, 2 Gig of Ram for 64 bit
- A minimum of 1 GHz or faster Processor with support for PAE, NX, & SSE2
- Hard disk space should be 16GB minimum for 32 bit, and 32GB minimum for 64 bit
- Your Graphics Card needs to be Microsoft DirectiveX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver (For more info visit the Official Microsoft website, where all this info was located from.)
Things to take into account prior to upgrading:
- Back-up your files
- Get a Windows Live account if you would like to utilize the X-box app
- Get Windows messenger or Hotmail account if you like to utilize all the other available apps or Microsoft store
- Any Windows operating system can accept the upgrade
- Any Compatibility issues need to be corrected
- The Windows 8 upgrade assistance will automatically check for any compatibility issues for you, prior to accepting the full download, and or any payment options
- Windows 8 Pro is no-longer $39.99, its now full price of $199.99 you missed the sale unfortunately & its available for download at Microsoft's website.
- Once you attempt to go all the way with the download, an option presents itself to select to purchase the original version of Win 8 for $119.99.
- Learning to use Windows Hot Keys works wonders for users to master Windows 8 functionality
- Give the Microsoft compatibility center a look to determine if your peripheral devices are compatible or not
- Once again the upgrade assistant will do the rest, but you will also need to download many programs that will not make the transfer onto Windows 8, such as Skype, Paltalk, Object Dock etc...